Contact Form 7 is one of the most popular plugins for in premium WordPress themes. However, if you are hosting through Azure you may have issues when you are first setting up your site and testing your contact forms. Azure sometimes will block the contact forms from sending you email notifications which is the entire purpose of the contact form. Luckily there is a simple solution.
Downloading the SendGrid plugin and setting it up properly will stop Azure from blocking these emails. SendGrid’s WordPress plugin replaces WordPress’s default wp_mail() function by using either an SMTP or API integration with SendGrid to send outgoing email from your WordPress installation. Set up for the plugin is simple. Follow the directions below to install the SendGrid plugin and you should have no problems receiving emails from your Azure based WordPress site.
To install the SendGrid Plugin from the WordPress admin:
- On your WordPress dashboard navigate to “Plugins” and select “Add New”
- Search for “SendGrid Plugin” and click “Install Now” for the “SendGrid Plugin” listing.
- Activate the plugin from the “Plugins” menu in WordPress, or from the plugin installation screen.
- Create a SendGrid account at http://sendgrid.com/partner/wordpress
Creating an account is free and only takes a few minutes.
- Back on your WordPress dashboad, navigate to “Settings” -> “SendGrid Settings” and enter your SendGrid credentials.
The Contact Form 7 Azure Integration should be complete. After this, check your contact forms again and everything should work. If not, you may have other configuration issues. Check out this post we did about the complete set up for Contact Form 7.