Loading...

How technology has revolutionized the energy, oil, and gas industry

Energy Technology Solutions by The Bauen Group

Cities around the world are growing at an exponential rate. Urbanization is increasing the demand for fuel, power, and other energy sources. Companies in the energy sector are transforming their traditional business practices to a digitized system to keep up with the evolving nature of the energy industry.

The labor market is on the edge of changing forever. The energy industry has always been an early adopter of technology. From using emerging technologies to facilitate grid management in the 1970s to adopting cloud computing services in 2020, the energy sector is at the forefront of digital transformation.

Energy and Technology: Creative solutions and increased innovation

Technology in the energy sector benefits energy consumption, cost-effectiveness, and productivity. It encourages creative solutions and increased innovation with regards to software, hardware, services, and connectivity. The Internet of Things (IoT) has made a radical difference in the energy sector by connecting users to advanced technology, whether in the office or out in the field.

IoT in the energy industry was valued at 15.04 billion USD last year, and researchers predict it to reach 39.09 billion USD in the next five years. IoT and digital transformation in the energy sector consist of updated hardware such as devices, router, and sensors as well as software, including security, data management, and remote monitoring platforms. Research shows that the application of new technologies enables businesses to feel more advanced than the rest of the industry, increase productivity, and enhance profitability.

Energy and Technology drives your company to creativity and innovation
Get in Touch

Benefits For All Role

Management

Digitalization allows management to focus on responsibilities and issues that matter. By updating outdated equipment to prevent critical failures in the future, you alleviate the stress of what might happen due to system failures. It allows management to focus on essential matters such as team and company mission.

Staff Members

According to a McKinsey Global Institute study, employees only spend 39% of their time on role-specific tasks. The other 61% is laboring through functions like email, trying to find a missing file, or syncing with co-workers. Digitalization enhances team collaboration, communication, productivity, confidence, and happiness.

By empowering employees and equipping them with the proper tools, they can be more creative in problem-solving and out-of-the-box thinking. Creativity is known as the most powerful catalyst for innovation, which is key to driving the future of the energy industry.

Accounting

Technology helps your growing business stay on top of finances. Move your finance team beyond QuickBooks by automating time-consuming processes such as invoicing, payments, and reporting. By automating tedious processes, you open the door to substantial efficiency gains for the whole organization.

Project Managers

Real-time information is critical in making decisions, especially in the field where there is a significant impact. Efficient time management and real-time data are crucial for project managers to fulfill their responsibilities.

Many project management activities, such as managing contracts, tasks, and expenses, can be digitalized, reducing the time spent on paperwork and increasing time in the field. Whether it is custom mobile applications, remote data collection, or device sensor integration, technology can help you bring data and people together so you can make critical decisions with confidence.

What Does The Bauen Group Do

The new decade is lowering cost barriers allowing those in the energy industry to adopt new technologies. The Bauen Group is here to help your company take advantage of this opportunity. We help you utilize digital tools that provide new ways to interact with customers and unlock new business opportunities.

The Bauen Group uses applications such as Windows Server IoT, Microsoft Azure IoT Edge, Microsoft Teams, and Power Platform to enhance your business performance, productivity, and security. We work side-by-side with your team to design and deploy an effective strategy that will grow your business and beyond.

Together, we can accelerate investment, ensure more substantial returns, and facilitate a faster transition through the early steps of development.

Our Expertise

Business Intelligence Performance by The Bauen Group
Cloud Application Solutions by The Bauen Group
10
Mobile Apps

The Bauen Group

A team of professionals that see technology solutions and opportunities where companies face challenges.

Let’s Do Business!

Contact Us To Find Opportunities And Solutions For Your Company